WSCUC's Community of Practice for Advancing Learning Outcomes Visibility
The first "cohort" of the Community of Practice has begun!
Keep checking this page for updates on projects and progress!
Starting in Spring 2017, with funding from Lumina Foundation, WSCUC is offering institutions an opportunity to participate in a free online Community of Practice to lend support, guidance, and consulting around projects related to assessing student learning and demonstrating visibility of that learning. Participating institutions will not only be able to gain support as they implement their own projects, but will also develop a collection of good practices, resources, and guides to share, both regionally and nationally.
What are the benefits for participating institutions?
Through the Community of Practice, institutions will have great opportunities, including:
- Implementing student learning assessment projects to meet institutional needs that are informed by national and regional thought leadership, knowledge generation, capacity building, and resource sharing within the Community of Practice (CoP).
- Engaging with expert consultants to help guide their institutional projects and highlight best practices. Regional and national content and/or assessment experts who can provide advice, guidance, and resources are paid for as part of the grant.
- Building networks and support among participants in the CoP, with the intention of broad-based engagement across the region over time.
- Receiving WSCUC support, guidance, and input from a dedicated facilitator of the CoP.
- Building and implementing sustainable assessment practices to support student learning and accreditation requirements.