Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Accreditation Leadership Academy (ALA)?
What methodology does it follow?
The flexible, empowering, and authentic nature of PLNs will allow ALA participants to make connections and to get support and ideas for developing their craft in meaningful ways. This connected, social approach to research and learning will foster innovative ideas and solutions to the challenges of integrating Equity, Evidence and Effectiveness into professional practice and resources for accreditation.
How will the ALA be delivered?
• Clear and measurable learning outcomes for the assignment.
• Help in determining the type of media to use based on the learning outcomes of the assignment and the required time to accomplish it.
• The deliverable required for the project and relevance to the ALA framework.
• A provided structure for the assignment that requires revisions: an outline, pitch, or proposal, a first draft, and a final version, with feedback to guide each stage.
• Predetermined assessments and rubrics.
• Help in determining the type of training, scaffolding, and technical support needed.
• An adequate/fair workload for the assignment.
• An understanding of how the product will be shared in the Professional Learning Network.