Public Invitation The public and institutional representatives are invited to listen to the WASC Senior College and University Commission’s public meeting on Friday February 16, 2024 from 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM PT via a Zoom webinar (audio only). The...Read MoreRead More
WSCUC announces appointment of seven new commissioners
July 10, 2017 - WSCUC
The WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) has announced the appointment of seven new commissioners effective July 2017.
“We are pleased to welcome an impressive slate of new commissioners who are deeply committed to WSCUC’s mission of assuring postsecondary quality,” said WSCUC president Mary Ellen Petrisko. “Commissioners dedicate countless hours to conducting site visits, examining programming and outcomes, and making recommendations to help strengthen institutions. Their work is integral to the accreditation process, and we are grateful for the constructive feedback and guidance they provide to help institutions meet high standards and improve over time.”
Commissioners are elected by the chief executive officers of accredited institutions in the WSCUC region from a slate of nominees prepared by a Nominating Committee in accordance with WSCUC Bylaws. They serve three-year terms with the possibility of re-election to a second term. The new commissioners join 26 existing commissioners, including four public members (i.e., members unaffiliated with an institution of higher education).
The new commissioners are:
- Nancy Doorey, Founder, Nancy Doorey Educational Consulting, LLC (Public Member)
- Jeb Egbert, Provost, West Coast University
- Shari Francis, Former Vice President for State Relations, National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (Public Member)
- Robin Garrell, Dean of the Graduate Division and Vice Provost for Graduate Education, University of California Los Angeles
- Eduardo Ochoa, President, California State University Monterey Bay
- Barbara Sawrey, Associate Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs and Dean of Undergraduate Education, University of California San Diego
- Monique Snowden, Vice President for Institutional Planning and Effectiveness, Fielding Graduate University
To see a full list of WSCUC commissioners, click here.