Chair Phillip Doolittle created this new Commission entity in February 2021 to reflect the centrality of equity and inclusion work across WSCUC. The Council will help prioritize and coordinate our E&I goals and activities with the Executive Committee and across the standing committees that have lead responsibility for each area. It is led by Commission Vice Chair Tracy Poon Tambascia (USC), and composed of the vice chairs of WSCUC’s standing committees, two Executive Committee members, and at large member Thomas Parham.
The Equity and Inclusion Council, working with the Executive Committee, standing committees and staff, shall:
- Develop recommendations to the commission for a comprehensive strategy for equity and inclusion, including goals and benchmarks, for commission consideration
- Identify resources and partners, both within WSCUC and externally
- Review and monitor progress on equity and initiatives annually
- Identify big ideas, opportunities, and internal and external resources and partners to promote further equity and inclusion efforts
- Provide individual leadership and coordinate equity and inclusion priorities within and across standing committees and work groups, as well as identifying gaps and areas of need
- Assist in the development and review of communication and messaging
For more information about WSCUC’s approach in this area please visit the Equity & Inclusion page.