Friday, December 6, 2019
9:45 am – 3:00pm
Mills College, Oakland, CA
About the Presidents and Trustees Retreat
We need your best thinking!
This year’s WSCUC President/Trustee Retreat invites presidents and one trustee/board member to participate as special guests in a vital and completely reinvented conversation. We are seeking the perspective of the region and its thought leaders as we set out to answer our deepest questions. The Retreat will flip the classroom to engage with participants and make the most of ideas: we want to hear and learn from you. Among the questions we will explore together:
- To put student success and results at the center, how we can promote innovations that serve equity, affordability and achievement?
- What kind of conversations and evidence accelerate increased quality and equity?
- As we peer into the future of higher education, what should accreditation look like, and how does WSCUC’s distinctive mission fit that vision?
- How should WSCUC revise our standards to foreground what matters most?
- As we incorporate evidence ever more into our understanding and strategy, what are the indicators – existing and yet to be invented – that will guide our effectiveness?
We will be doing only one Retreat this year to concentrate engagement and collaboration, and presidents and one trustee/board member are invited to attend free of charge. Registration will be first come, first served.
Overview of the Agenda
The one-day retreat runs from 9:45 am – 3:00 pm. Registration includes lunch and informational materials.
Who Should Attend?
CEO and one board member.
Registration fee: FREE
Registration deadline: November 14, 2019
This educational program has been developed by national and regional experts and is offered as a service to WSCUC member institutions and others who wish to learn about good practices applicable to all institutions. It is entirely optional, and our hope is that member institutions will find it helpful. WSCUC staff will be present to answer questions related specifically to accreditation expectations.
Date: December 6, 2019 - 8:30am - 3:00pm