Request for Comments on Policies WSCUC is seeking public comments on proposed changes to two policies. Click the links below for more information about the policies. Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 16, 2023. Revised policies reflecting received comments...Read MoreRead More
Resources for Argosy University students
March 25, 2019 - WSCUC
The March 2019 announcement of Argosy University’s closure creates serious challenges for students. WSCUC’s top priority is to work with Argosy and other accredited colleges and universities to facilitate students’ ability to continue their education.
WSCUC officially withdrew Argosy’s accreditation on March 17, 2019 except for limited conditions to facilitate transfer of credit and program completion. Some Argosy programs are transitioning to new institutions. In those situations, students have the option to either continue to pursue an eligible educational program at a new institution or transfer to a different school.
The WSCUC-accredited institutions listed below welcome inquiries from Argosy University students. Schools accredited by other agencies may also be open to discussion about transfer options with Argosy students.
- Alliant International University
- Azusa Pacific University
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Chaminade University of Honolulu
- Chapman University (law school students)
- Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
- Claremont Lincoln University
- Concordia University Irvine
- Design Institute of San Diego (Art Institute students)
- FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (Art Institute students)
- Hawaii Pacific University
- John F. Kennedy University
- Los Angeles Pacific University
- Mount Saint Mary’s University
- National University
- NewSchool of Architecture and Design (Art Institute students)
- Notre Dame de Namur University
- Northcentral University
- Pacific Oaks College
- Pacifica Graduate Institute
- Palo Alto University
- Santa Barbara and Ventura Colleges of Law
- Saybrook University
- The Wright Institute
- Touro University Worldwide
- Trident University International
- University of San Diego
- United States University
- Westcliff University
This list will be updated. Please note that the programs offered by each institution and contact information are available on WSCUC’s directory here.
Additional Resources for Argosy Students
WSCUC will share links to additional resources that may be helpful to Argosy students. Please see below:
- U.S. Department of Education Office of Federal Student Aid information about Argosy University
- U.S. Department of Education: Webinar Schedule for students from Argosy University and Art Institutes to share information and address questions and concerns
- American Psychological Association FAQs for Argosy Students
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs’ (CACREP) List of CACREP-Accredited Schools Accepting Argosy Transfers
Given serious concerns related to its financial situation, on January 19, 2019, WSCUC ordered Argosy University to Show Cause why its accreditation should not be withdrawn. A Show Cause proceeding was held on February 21, 2019 and another was scheduled for March 15, 2019.
On February 27, 2019, the U.S. Department of Education Office of Federal Student Aid terminated Argosy’s participation in student financial aid (Title IV) programs effective immediately. Read the Department’s announcement.
On March 17, 2019, WSCUC withdrew accreditation from Argosy University. Argosy’s accreditation will continue to May 12, 2019 for the exclusive purposes of (1) issuing degrees to students who are in their final term term (provided Argosy faculty certifies those students as completing their degree requirements) and (2) providing students with access to academic transcripts and services to facilitate transfer to or completion at other institutions.
Updated March 25, 2019