Join us! The Commission will host two one-day in person workshops in February related to the 2023 Handbook and Standards on the campus of member institution National University in San Diego. Please see below for details. And remember to calendar...Read MoreRead More
New Commissioners and Departing Commissioners
July 20, 2023 - WSCUC
The WASC Senior College and University Commission elected its 2023-2024 slate of officers, approved committee rosters, and thanked departing commissioners at its June 30, 2023, business meeting. The terms for new officers and five new commissioners began July 1.
Tracy Poon Tambascia, Professor of Clinical Education in the Rossier School of Education at the University of Southern California, was named Chair. Additional officers are Vice Chair Leo Martinez, Dean Emeritus and Albert Abramson Professor of Law Emeritus at UC Law San Francisco, Treasurer Archibald Asawa, Executive Vice President for Finance and Administration and Chief Financial Officer at Soka University of America, and Secretary Sharon Hamill, Interim Executive Director at CSU Shiley Haynes Institute for Palliative Care at CSU San Marcos.
“The diverse professional experiences and backgrounds of Commissioners contribute to WSCUC’s effectiveness in ensuring our member institutions remain focused on success for all students,” said Commission Chair Tracy Poon Tambascia. “We also extend our deep gratitude to the exceptional group of commissioners leaving the Commission.”
New members of the Commission are:
- Saúl Jiménez-Sandoval, President, CSU Fresno [Institutional Member]
- Charmaine Mercer, Chief of Equity & Culture, William & Flora Hewlett Foundation, Alameda [Public Member]
- Edward Roekaert, CEO & Rector, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas, Lima, Peru [Institutional Member]
- Joyce Williams-Maxwell, Chief Financial & Operations Officer, Community Partners, Los Angeles [Public Member]
- J. Luke Wood, President, Sacramento State University [Institutional Member]
“Chair Tambascia and these outstanding new commissioners will advance WSCUC’s pursuit of institutional excellence and student equity and success,” said WSCUC President Jamienne S. Studley. “They benefit from the leadership and legacy of Chair Doolittle and the other departing commissioners who contributed so much to the standards and equity initiatives.”
Seven members completed their time on the Commission:
- Phillip Doolittle, Executive Vice Chancellor, Finance & Administration and CFO (Chief Business Officer), University of Massachusetts Global (UMass Global)
- Jeb Egbert, former Co-President and Chief Learning Officer, West Coast University
- Robin Garrell, President, The Graduate Center, City University of New York
- Elizabeth Hillman, President & CEO, 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- Eduardo Ochoa, President Emeritus, CSU Monterey Bay
- Barbara Sawrey, Dean Emerita, Undergraduate Education and Distinguished Professor Emerita, Chemistry and Biochemistry, UC San Diego
- Monique Snowden, Senior Vice Chancellor for Strategic Enrollment & Student Success, University of Colorado Denver
Learn more about the Commission and the election process here.