Roles and Responsibilities of the Structural Change Committee
- Coordinate criteria for reviewing proposals with the Substantive Change Committee.
- Review and recommend final action to the Commission on structural change proposals forwarded by the Substantive Change Committee. These proposals include the following categories of substantive change:
- Change in mission
- Change in legal status or form of control, e.g., merger, change in ownership, affiliation or sponsorship
- First degree program at a new level
- Other proposals the Substantive Change Committee recommends because the institution failed to submit new programs for approval as required by policy, the institution is seeking substantive change approval for a new offering while under Commission sanction, or matters on which the Substantive Change Committee has, in its discretion, referred to the Committee for review.
The Structural Change Committee is a Commission Committee.